All our summerhouses form their own water drip, so they can be positioned on any hard-standing area so long as it is large enough, for details of minimum base dimensions please refer to individual product pages.
Pad Foundation System
We would normally require a solid and level base on which to erect a structure, and traditionally this would have been concrete; however more common now is to use our pad foundation system. It has many advantages over tradition base designs.
- No wet mix products such as concrete are required.
- The base becomes portable, take it with you should you move.
- Increased air flow beneath the building improves longevity.
- Easier access to difficult areas.
- Removes the need to coordinate third party contractors.
- Can be constructed to any shape, ensuring that the correct dimensions are achieved.
Our pad foundation system in constructed by cutting small holes (about 500mm x 500mm) into the ground at specific load bearing points. The adjustable pads are then dropped in, on top of which we construct a sub-frame designed specifically to support the structure.